The best way to fully delete, unsinstall, remove and disable Babylon search engine, toolbar and add-on is to remove and reset all settings in Mozilla Firefox’s about:config
- In url address of your FF browser type in: about:config . This will display a list of Firefox settings and other configurations
- In Filter, type in babylon. This will display only entries related or has references to babylon.
- For browser.babylon.HPOnNewTabValue, right-click to modify and change the setting to http://www.google.com/
- For the rest, right-click then Reset, this will change back your default search engine to, presumably, to Google.
- Also in Firefox menu > Tools > Add-ons – uninstall all Babylon related addons, then restart your browser
Other necessary steps for Windows:
- Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs – unsintall all programs related to Babylon search and toolbar
- Registry Editor – In Programs > Run > regedit – find (Ctrl F) babylon and delete entries and values
- Delete C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\babylon.xml
- Delete C:\Program Files\Babylon\ folder